Montag, 21. Juni 2010

Research log, Doctor Thomas Issac, Cliffworm encounter

"Personal log of Doctor Thomas Issac, June 10th. I was called to the landing pad today to examining some sort of creature. It appears to be some sort of Sandworm. It has a large head with a maw that has sharp tooths. 2 more large tooths are attached to its side. The body appears to be mostly head, ending in a long tail like longer body. The skin is thick and brown. It seems to be able to eat flesh, which is odd for a regular sandworm. This is either a sub species or something completely new and different"

"The creature has no eyes, it seems to rely on vibration detection. There is also no nose present. "

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

"After scanning the worm, it seems that its internal structure is made of a exo-skeleton and the worm typical organs. It backed up when I started scanning which leads me to believe that the frequencies of the Tricoder influenced the worm, it seemed not to like the scan at all. We need to remodulate our scanners to have a lower frequency so we do not disturb the worms during the scanning process. I also got a DNA sample which I will put under a microscope very soon. I have to note that this is a very fascinating encounter"

Addendum: I recently could identify this species of Worm as a Cliff Worm. They where commone in the more rocky areas of Al Raqis but have not been seen since quite some time, so locals told me. It seems that people hunted them because of the threat these worms seem to be when spice mining. They also are supposedly venomous, if that is correct then these creatures do pose a threat to people venturing into the desert. I will continue my research in this matter and will report my findings.

Doctor Thomas Issac, lead scientist, Al Raqis

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen